ICT Student User Agreement
Please download a copy of the current student user agreement below:
Student User AgreementThese rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others. The Student User Agreement should be signed by all students before using school computers.
It includes the following:
- I will only use the school’s computers for schoolwork, homework and as directed.
- I will not bring files into school on removable media, or online, without permission.
- I will not upload inappropriate material to my workspace. I will only edit or delete my own files, and not view or change other people’s files without their permission.
- I will not download or install any software on the school’s computers.
- I will keep my logins, IDs and passwords secret, and only use my own login when accessing the school computers.
- I will use the internet responsibly and will not visit websites I know to be banned by the school. I am also aware that during lessons I should visit websites that are appropriate for my studies.
- If a message from my antivirus software alerts me, I will report to a teacher as soon as possible.
- I will only email people I know, or those approved by my teachers.
- The messages I send, or information I upload will always be polite and sensible.
- I will not send bulk email messages either internally or externally.
- I will not open attachments, or download a file, unless I have permission or I know and trust the person that has sent them.
- I am aware that all use of school computers is logged and can be monitored and that this includes a record of all internet searches.
- I will not give my home address, phone number, send photographs or video, or give any personal information that could be used to identify me or my family or my friends, unless a trusted adult has given me permission.
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the Internet or by email or in a chat room, unless I take a trusted adult with me.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will save it and talk to a teacher or trusted adult.
- I am aware that some websites and social networks have age restrictions and I should respect this and not access unsuitable websites.
- I am aware that online activity at all times should not upset or hurt other people and that I should not put myself at risk.
- I am aware that my use of the Internet to interact with other students can be used in school disciplinary proceedings, or handed to the police if necessary, even if this occurs out of school times.