Microsoft Office 365
Claremont High School will be moving our email to the cloud, learn how to get ready.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is Microsoft's Office, email, document storage and collaboration products made available with your school account. You can access these products from your web browser, on your PC and mobile devices. Some of the key features included with your school account in Office 365 are outlined below.
When can we get it?
We will beginning rolling over to the new service to both staff and students 17th April 2015 with an official launch on 20th April 2015
Email, Calendar and Contacts
Feature rich web browser access to your school email, calendar and contacts.
- 50 GBytes of mailbox storage
- Schedule meetings quick and easy
- Share your availability with others in the University
OneDrive for Business
Access OneDrive in Office 365
- 1 Terabyte of storage for your documents.
- Create new Microsoft Office documents.
- Includes Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint web apps.
- Edit Microsoft Office documents in your web browser.
- Share documents for collaboration with others.
Keep in touch with whilst on the go.
- Retrieve and send School emails, contacts, and meeting appointments.
- Get Office 365 apps for your Surface, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, Android and more...
When will I get my new Office 365 account?
You do not need a new account. You login with school email and password from 17/04/2015 you can login here https://login.microsoftonline.com/
What will happen to my existing emails, calendars and contacts?
Staff – All your current email, calendars and contacts will be moved over to the new system
Students – You will need to save any existing emails, calendars and contacts - You will have a clean account from 17/04/15
How much space will I get for email storage?
Both staff and students will have a capacity of 50GB. Staff currently have 150MB and students 25MB of storage (1GB = 1024 MB)
What is OneDrive for Business?
OneDrive is your personal cloud storage area. It is a great solution to replace transporting files on USB sticks, because you have 1TB of storage, it’s all automatically backup for you and checked for viruses.
Will OneDrive replace my home drive?
We have no plans to replace your home drive. However using OneDrive has many benefits, especially if you want to access them from home
You can learn more about Office 365 and some of the features at Microsoft’s learning Centre https://support.office.com/en-us/learn/office365-for-business