- Curriculum Information
- Art and Design
- Business & Economics
- Computing/ ICT
- Design and Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education
- Psychology and Sociology
- Religious Education
- Curriculum Links
- Planned changes to the Curriculum
- KS4 Chemistry
- Current Teaching Staff
- Careers Advice
- FAQ Year 10 Work Experience
- Year 10 Work Experience 2019
- Careers Bulletin
- Options 2019
- Library Resources Centre
Year 10 Work Experience 2019
Year 10 Work Experience: Monday 25th – Friday 29th March 2019
All Year 10 students will take part in a Year 10 Work Experience Placement, which will begin on Monday 25th March and will last the whole week until Friday 29th March 2019. We will be supporting students to find meaningful work placements and to enable students to optimise their learning by participating in this significant opportunity.
Our objectives for the week are for students to;
- Learn employability skills
- Increase self-confidence
- Develop independence
- Gain first-hand experience of a real workplace
- Gain important insights into their career interests and values, which will help them with their future decision making.
We would like students to be active participants in the process of choosing workplace experiences that will fulfil their needs and interests. They can do this either through:
- Contacting a friend or family member who may be willing to take on a work experience student or by
- Researching and contacting companies that offer students work experience placements.
To support students in finding a place, all students will have a group briefing with a careers adviser who can offer support and information. However, it is important that students begin exploring work experience opportunities as soon as possible, as local businesses fill their work experience places very quickly.
Once a work experience placement has been confirmed and we have received details of the employer, we will organise the Health and safety checks. Due the time required for this process, the deadline for Self-Found applications will be Monday 28th January 2019. Applications will need to be completed and returned to the school office. If students need additional time to make final arrangements for a placement that is in process, additional time can be made available.
To support the process;
- Computer Suites will be made available for students to research at lunchtimes and after school,
- The Work Experience Team will be available during lunchtime and after school on Tuesdays Thursdays and Fridays. Telephone facilities can also be provided. Students should go to the Careers Centre which can be accessed through the library.
Please click here for an example work experience template letter
Please click here for an example work experience template email
Please click here for an example work experience telephone crib sheet